Thursday, November 14, 2013

Simply, Hello.


Hello, hello!
How're all y'all doin?
So... It was a great week. Can I be that simple? I've been realizing that's a common phrase for me, but it is just as true as it is simple!  The week simply moved fast... the week was simply full of good things... Heavenly Father's love & gospel are simple--
So the people we are working with, in mission terminology, are "elect", "solid", or "golden" but for you back at home I'll translate and let you know that means they are ready to hear the gospel! I feel like this week, as we taught lessons and even knocked doors, we were able to see that Heavenly Father's children are connecting the dots and seeing for themselves how much the gospel blesses their lives! I love these people!
This week me and Sister Chapman had a goal to see more people who haven't been coming to church! Less active work is some of my favorite!-   you end up getting to visit with them and find out about their lives. At one of our lessons, we found out that catfish can be the size of a bus? I'm not sure if this is true or not.. but I can tell you one thing, ... and that is that it was hard to make a way to connect that back to the gospel! Haha!
This week we had Zone Conference and I was called on to give a talk! It was only a few minutes but I was able to testify about how I know that being obedient has brought miracles. I love that all I do, all day everyday, is share my testimony, and yet I love any opportunity to share it again! We learned wonderful things about how important it is to find people.. and once we find them help to rescue them! Missionary work is awesome, let me just say that.
We went on exchange this week! I got to see a new area and be with a new companion! Like a vacation, an exchange is a good way to see a different neck of the woods and see how other people work and live, but it also reminds you why you love your home and people so much! It was good to get back to "Zion"!
We had the primary program this Sunday. Hearing sweet testimonies from the mouths of Heavenly Father's children is always so spiritual! As they went through the program I realized they were talking about what we teach every day! They were up there being missionaries! I even asked my companion, "Do you think they used Preach My Gospel as their main place to build this program?!" My favorite part was when they say sang "We'll Bring The World His Truth". I think this song sums up missionary work pretty simply,
We have been born, as Nephi of old
To goodly parents who love the Lord.
We have been taught, and we understand,
That we must do as the Lord commands.

We have been saved for these latter days
To build the kingdom in righteous ways.
We hear the words our prophet declares:
"Let each who's worthy go forth and share."

We know his plan, and we will prepare,
Increase our knowledge through study and prayer.
Daily we'll learn until we are called
To take the gospel to all the world.

We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we will be the Lord's missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
I'm glad they called me on a mission, to teach the wonderful people of Georgia how simple the gospel is, and how simply, there is nothing that brings you more joy than knowing that God loves you and has a plan for you.
Simply know that I love you! From Georgia to Utah & back!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment