Friday, July 19, 2013

Hey! Y'all!


What's up! This week I will hit my three month mark! Dang! I have no clue how that happened but it feels good. The work is slowly but surely moving along. There was an awesome Zone Meeting last Tuesday and we listened to a recorded talk from Elder Holland about why missionary work is tough, he said that anytime we are talking about Salvation it is hard. He talked about the Savior and how it was hard for Him... that made my simple trials seem like nothing. Even though I have been going through a little bit of opposition I know I signed up for this- more importantly, Heavenly Father knew that I could do this and so He asked me to come out here. I cannot deny the clear answer that I received that this is what I need to do even though sometimes I wonder how he can look at me and know that I would be able to accomplish what he wants. I have faith in Him, far more than I have in myself, and I know that with the help of him; with the example of Jesus Christ, and with the Holy Ghost to guide I will be able to do what he wants me to do. He is not asking for perfection, just progression. I can progress... I can become better and better everyday... I can and will do what He asks.
 Our ward continues to be amazing; this week we had 2 AMAZING lessons with women from our ward who bore powerful testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel to Zelma, our investigator who is having a hard time accepting the truthfulness of the Gospel but thinks that it is awesome. This ward is so incredible and I have learned so much from the members! We had a meeting with our Ward Mission Leader who is awesome as well. Guess what? We are getting a senior couple in the area! We aren't exactly sure what they will be doing but it will be awesome to have them to help the work progress.
Our other investigator Caitlin is almost through 1 Nephi! She is gaining so much from the book of Mormon and is such a solid woman. She lived in a heavily populated Mormon area but has never stepped foot it a church building, she agreed to go on a church tour next week! This may seem simple, but we learn from Alma 37:6 that "by simple things are great things brought about."
This week we had a day where we talked to 30 people! Not one of them wanted to hear more so that was tough but a funny thing did happen... I was very tired and it was at the end of the day, we were knocking the doors of town homes and no one was answering. We knocked one door and when they didn't answer we continued on. By the time we were walking up the sidewalk to the next townhome he opened the door and I panicked! We were far away and I was just like, "Hey! We're just walking around helping people by giving them prayers" - he looked very concerned and didn't know what to say. I just stood there like a deer in the head lights! Needless to say, he didn't want to let us help him. Haha. Even though it's been a bumpy week and we haven't found anyone new to teach  I still know that we are accomplishing great work and that through diligence and heed we will find those who are ready to be changed by the message of the Restored Gospel.
I am so grateful for this church and know that I am serving a mission because it has changed my life so much and continues to change it daily.
I love you all! Hope to hear from you soon!
- Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment