Monday, September 9, 2013

Robbing Banks, Gettin' Dranks...And Being Overwhelmed By The Spirit And Book Of Mormon


"Robbing Banks, Gettin' Dranks, and feeling overwhelmed by the Spirit and Book of Mormon!"

Hello hello! There are so many awesome things that I want to share and tell you all about... sometimes I wish I could just pick up the phone at the end of the day and call you all up and unleash all my stories... good thing thats against the rules, huh?
So it's been a pretty eventful week, it was transfers and we got a new Elder in the ward... he is fresh out of High School and makes me think of Zach just becuse he is so young. I am so grateful that me and Elder Beasley are serving at the same time and I am grateful for the large amount of missionaries out right now, especially being so young! It really is an army.
I am also extremely grateful for my family, my army, back at home... I miss them so much and I am so grateful that so much goodness is filling their lives. On Sunday I missed my parents anniversary and Nicks birthday! Also, this week my Dad was called to be in the Bishopric! Next week my cousin will be sealed to her family for time and all eternity! It makes me bummed to not be there for these things.. but I know I need to be out here. Just to let everyone know, I am so proud of you! Thanks for being great examples in my life.
This week Sister Kelly & I went to lunch with an AWESOME family in our ward! While we were there they gave us a referral for a guy who works at the bank. So... on a mission you learn pretty quick that a lot of times you have to get creative. Luckily, this family helped us devise a plan to contact him while he was at work! Here is how it went down.... Sister Kelly walked in and asked the bank teller if I could get dollar coins in exchange for bills, she then said no, and so I asked if there was someone I could talk to about opening up a savings account; she directed me towards michael --- the guy we were supposed to contact! So it was perfect! We walked over to his desk and sat down, right after he asked how he can help us the lady sitting next to him asked if they could switch clients! WHAT THE! NO! It was almost perfect. We talked to the other lady for quite a while... but we were not able to talk to Michael. This was seriously one of the most classic experiences! I mean... how many times on your mission are you going to have the experience of trying to open a savings account to get a new investigator. We should all just be grateful that no one thought we seemed "peculiar" and called the cops! The last time I checked "suspision of robbing a bank" is not listed as a missionary duty. We are now working on another idea to get in with this guy.. any ideas?!
Another funny story, so we were knocking doors, becuse as a missionary, you do that a lot! No one was really receptive, which happens a lot! We talked to this one lady who wasn't very interested at all and as we were walking away she opened to door again and said, do you want a drink. We said sure and she said to wait here. She shut the door... then came back and opened it and said "you look so hot, just come inside". So there we are... sitting in the home of someone who doesn't even believe in Jesus Christ due to the fact that we are sweating so bad. Her mother-in-law came over and brought us paper towells and looked so worried for us and almost cried when we told her we do this every single day! We talked to them a little about the church and then made our way with some vitmaninwater lemonades in hand! I guess looking gross has it's perks?
So now that I've shared the funnier stories.. here is an awesome one!- We were driving to dinner and we were doing good on time- (Sometimes if you are a little early you just pull over and knock doors and try and find people to teach until its time) but I got a feeling to pull over and knock in an area we hadn't been before... but it was time for dinner so I just ignored it... The closer we got the stronger my feeling got to pull over, so I told Sister Kelly and at the last moment we drove into the trailer park! The first door we knocked on we met Alex and Kevin who were happy to pray with us and willing to learn more! In 2 Nephi 32: 3 it says "Angels speak by the ower of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tel you all things what ye should do. " That is the truth! The Holy Ghost truly does tell you what our Savior wants us to hear and helps us to know what to do. I am grateful for this amazing gift and for the miracles that come because of it.
One of the greatest things I am learning on my mission is to not only LOVE the scriptures but to LIVE by them. At the beginning of my mission I couldn't figure out how to teach with them.. and now I feel like I can't teach anything without them! This week we went back to visit a lady we met in previous weeks named Linda, and while we were there we explained the Book of Mormon in greater depth. After I shared my testimony she said to me, "I love the way your entire face lights up when you talk about it." --- that hit me so hard! Never in my life have I felt the way I do about the truthfulness of this Book, I've always known it was true but my knowledge of that is increasing every day. I am so grateful to be able to share it with my brothers and sisters daily! If you aren't reading a verse a day, if you don't have a strong testimony of it, if you've never even heard of it before this.... put it to the test and read it! See if you light up when you read it, when you think about it, and when you tell others about it.

I love you all so much.
I'm grateful for everything you do for me.
 
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment