Monday, December 30, 2013

Great Endings And Fresh Starts




Friends & Family,
Hey y'all! I am trusting that each of you had a wonderful Christmas and that you felt the love of our Savior more than ever! Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year and I have just truly enjoyed this holiday season! I need to let all of you know how grateful I am for you in my life.. and also how much love I feel! I have received so many wonderful cards and letters and gifts; you and your families are beautiful from the inside out and all of you have made my Christmas unforgettable! Thank you for remembering this ginger here in Georgia!

Like I've mentioned a time.. or five before, Christmas it is the best time EVER to be a missionary! To be honest, it's a little heart breaking knowing this is my only one as a missionary! But, I guess it's a dang good thing that this was simply the best! Me and Sister Chapman were MORE than taken care of by our family here in Fort Yargo... we always had some place to go, and of course, something to eat! (Thanks to these wonderful people, a big chunk of my new years goals include a healthier diet, haha!) We spent Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day with people we love, we made visits to some assisted living places, met a lot of non-members, taught lessons, and understood the true meaning of Christmas more than ever! One of my favorite things this Christmas, was on Christmas Eve, after all was said and done, me and Sister Chapman had a "Christmas Devotional" - we sang songs, read Luke 2 and a conference talk, and said a prayer. The same spirit that is felt at home was there in our little home!
Of course the highlight of Christmas was talking to family. Have I mentioned how much I love you people?  I don't even know where to begin! Even though there was a good amount of tears I was so happy to laugh! I forgot how fun we all are together... I forgot how happy I am around you... I even forgot how much I miss all y'all. Because this is the Lords time out here in Georgia, I don't have time to think, let alone miss each of you as much as I should. Don't get me wrong... I ALWAYS miss you, but seeing you and just being around you brought all of my love and emotion back to my remembrance! You guys are MY LIFE! Something pretty neat happened after we said goodbye.... my testimony of the Atonement was strengthened. I have never thought of this before.. but I know that part of the pain our Savior Jesus Christ suffered for me was the ache I feel being away from y'all for 18 months. I know that he is carrying us through this bitter-sweet experience. I am relying on him in ways I'm not even smart enough to realize. On all levels, I am just so grateful!!
Abraham's Baptism was amazing! It was surely the cherry on top of an already amazing Christmas! There was so much love and support from the ward and seeing him dressed all in white was even better than I could have imagined! The Spirit was so strong as we watched him make a covenant with our Heavenly Father! Yesterday he received the Holy Ghost and it was brought up on many occasions, in the blessing and through talks afterward, that we were lead to him through his family on the other side. Angels are apart of this work... this I know to be true! I am so grateful that Abraham now gets to be an angel here on Earth for His family on the other side, as well as those who are still on the Earth! He was called to be a ward missionary yesterday. Have I mentioned how humbling this whole experience has been? I love the Lord and His children, and SO grateful to have a small part in this amazing work.
I'll end by saying this.... the new year is right around the corner and how grateful I am for that. 2013 has been the most amazing year of my life and I know 2014 has great things in store as well!
I've been too busy to even think about goals and resolutions... and so I'll save that for next week, but this I know... that this is a time for new beginnings; a fresh start. No matter what I do in this next year, personal, spiritual, physical or mental, my goal is that 2014, in all aspects will be more focused on our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that through him great things happen... far better than anything we could come up with on our own.
As you and your families are making your list of things you hope to accomplish this upcoming year, I invite you to include Christ into the details of your life. Let this be the best year yet!
Love y'all - mean it!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment