Monday, September 15, 2014

Mercies In Disguise


Hey Everyone!
So today I got my last transfer call EVER! And I am so heartbroken about it. Sister Summerhays will be leaving me and going to Dacula!!! As for me, I'm staying here and getting a new companion. I think it is going to be a tough transfer, but it will be my last one... and you can do anything for 6 weeks, right? I am so grateful for the past three months with my best friend. Serving here with her has been the best and I have learned so much! It is the biggest blessing to have a sister with me at all times, and literally that is what she has been! Last night we were explaining how missions work to some friends and how things are out of your control.. and you just go where the Lord needs you to go.... and even though I've been doing this for a long time it doesn't get any easier each time! Bitter-sweet is the only way I can describe it! Ah!
Even though we are totally bummed, the Lord blessed us so much this past week! We had some of the most spiritual lessons ever. We've been really thankful to teach as much as we have here. I know that we needed to be here together to teach and find these people!!!!  Let me just say that the Gospel is true! I have felt it in my own life and I have literally seen it change the lives of others!
We finished teaching Ekta the Plan of Salvation and showed her the video "Because of Him" and it is just so amazing how with Christ, we can know that the Lord is there for us and has a bigger picture. The members here have been so good to get involved and I am so grateful for them and the Spirit that they bring to the lessons.
Trevor is doing well at College, and since we miss teaching him so much, we decided to stop by his parents his house and we had the most lovely visit with his Mom! Then we invited her and her husband to church on Sunday and they came! We sang a song... and so we used that as a way to get everyone there! The song went great! We were nervous but it sounded good! Some people even cried and we got a lot of compliments!
The lyrics to the song go like this...
We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we have faith to believe

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the achings of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise
I am so grateful for the many blessings in my life. I am grateful for the things that happen that are obvious .... and also grateful for the things that at first, you don't realize are blessing. This next transfer will be a mercy in disguise, I know that.
I love you all. I love the Lord. I love this work. I love Georgia. I love the people here! I love being a missionary. I love the Gospel.
-Sister Kate Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment