Monday, September 22, 2014

Don't Try To Live Too Many Days Ahead

Hey Y'all!

So much to tell you!

So much has happened over this past week! As you all know I am down to 6 weeks and this my last transfer. The call came and when I found out Sister Summerhays was leaving it was so rough! Making the rounds and saying goodbye to everyone was hard as well, it's not like it was Summerhays and Beasley, it was SummerBeez! The ward is so awesome and it was fun seeing everyone! We had a little goodbye party for sister summerhays and everyone was like, "it's just not going to be the same!" So even though I got to stay, it is still like part of me left. I love that it was hard to say goodbye though because it shows me just how blessed I have been and just how blessed I have been my whole mission! I knew my companions would teach me a lot... but I don't think I ever fully realized I would one day go home with a handful of people that will be my friends for life! For that, I am eternally grateful! 

So Sister Porter is my new companion and we are learning a ton from each other! We had served in the same ward, but in different companionship back in Dacula. Going into this we both thought the other person hated us, but as it turns out we are figuring out how to work together. It has been and will continue to be a good learning experience for me, for that as well I am eternally grateful. Sister Porter got here on Wednesday and luckily we had a day packed full of meeting our investigators and doing good work! The ward is so involved with the 2 ladies we are teaching and it's a neat experience to watch them help participate in missionary work! The Work of Salvation is the best thing to be apart of and the moment you get involved with the missionaries and the people they are teaching, is the moment you see your life change. Watching someone learn about just how sweet the gospel is for the first time is unreal! I've said it before and I'll say it again that everything the Lord asks us to do helps everyone involved!!!

Ekta is doing awesome! Every lesson she has the best insight into the topics we are teaching and asks the best questions. I can see the Gospel changing her life and her countenance and so can she! She is always so thankful for what she is learning and says the best prayers!! Keep praying for her please! She is doing so well, but is going through hard things and it will be a long while before she can get baptized! 

While me and Sister Porter were out tracting this week we met so many wonderful Indian people and I am slowly being convinced that we are needed here to start an Indian branch! Too bad I don't speak, well, I don't even know what language it would be .. but I for sure know I don't speak it! Haha! A super sweet Sikh girl let us in and we were able to teach her about Prophets and she is really wanting tot learn more!  I don't care how many times I am let into homes from knocking on doors, it still amazes me and makes me aware of the Lords hand in this work! 

I can report happily that I am working harder than ever! We have been practicing lessons with the members, doing all sorts of fun service projects, knocking doors, and doing our best to invite people to come unto Christ and make the best use of the time we have been given. Of course we had some rejection and doors slammed in our face, but that just makes it interesting! Everyone is always trying to tell us we can't solicit in their neighborhood. When are they going to realize we aren't selling anything? Sister Porter has this genius idea to one day walk around door to door and sell "no soliciting" sings. I think that is the funniest thing I'v ever heard!!

My companion is a lot more quiet than me, and a lot more quiet than any other companion I've ever had.... so I've been doing a lot of thinking and talking to myself! I am truly so grateful for this mission and for my time out here. I am grateful for the people that the Lord has brought into my life. I am grateful for the truth of the Gospel and for my responsibility to share it with my brothers and my sisters! Even though I have so much to be grateful for, sometimes, I still seem to find something to murmur about. There have been many days this past week where I have felt overwhelmed, exhausted, done, irritated, annoyed, stressed, and even checked out. When these times come I try and remember what my Dad wrote to me in an email a few weeks ago, "there is something to say about how a person finishes the race." I am not trunky, I am not quite ready to come home, I am not done yet but I am trying to face the fact that a lot sooner than later, this time will indeed come to an end. In my moments of despair, one evening in particular, I remember thinking "only 6 weeks"... I then found an old Ensign sitting on our kitchen table with a quote face up, that the Lord needed me to read, it said this....
"In a recent meeting I listened to a young girl's heartwarming testimony. Her father was afflicted with what the doctors had pronounced was an incurable malady. To his wife one morning, this stricken father, after a night of pain and suffering, had said with great feeling "I am so thankful today." "For what?" she asked. He replied, "for God's giving me the privilege of one more day with you." Today I could desire with all my heart that all within the sound of this broadcast would likewise thank God for one more day! For what? For the opportunity to take care of some unfinished business. To repent; to right some wrongs; to influence for good some wayward child; to reach out to someone who cries for help- in short, to thank God for one more day to prepare to meet God. Don't try to live too many days ahead." -President Harold B. Lee

I am going to soak every last moment of this sweet, sweet experience in. Everyday out here is a gift, even the hard ones. I don't want to wish one second away! I don't want to end this experience with the "almost done" kind of mentality. There is so much good here and I still have so much to learn and do. 

 I know that God lives and that he loves us. I know that Jesus Christ is His son, and that He is our Savior, Redeemer, and Advocate for the Father. I know that this is His church and that His power is found within it. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, as well as the Bible. I know that we have a prophet on the Earth today. I know that families are eternal. I know that everything that comes to us in our lives is for our benefit and for our betterment. I am a better person because I have this Gospel and a true understanding of who our Heavenly Father and Savior are. I love that. I love this time. I love the Lord. I love each of you. 

Godbless and Godspeed
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment