Monday, October 13, 2014

All You Need Is Love, Love Is All You Need

Hey Yall!
So I hope you had a great week. I sure did. I feel frazzled and crazy just because I have so much to tell you, and yet so much to do today. Time is running out on my mission, and yet the wonderful experiences and blessings seem to be flowing constantly! I need to first and foremost declare that I love being a missionary. I have never been happier in my life than I have been as I have declared the Gospel to my brothers and sisters. I am so grateful for this opportunity the Lord has blessed me with. I have 15 more days and will use every minute I have to do all that I can to serve my Heavenly Father and His children!
This week I went to my last Zone Conference, so crazy! It was so good! I learned a lot of good things and I got to bare my testimony one last time. I read the lyircs to a song that has changed my mission,
"Brightly beams our Father's mercy, From his lighthouse evermore, But to us he gives the keeping of the lights along the shore. Dark the night of sin has settled; loud the angry billows roar. Eager eyes are watching, longing, for the lights along the shore.Trim your feeble lamp, my brother;Some poor sailor, tempest-tossed, Trying now to make the harbor, In the darkness may be lost.
Let the lower lights be burning; Send a gleam across the wave. Some poor fainting, struggling seaman...You may rescue, you may save."
I chose to share that, because still... I am so humbled by the fact that the Lord allows his imperfect sons and daughters to take part is His Sons perfect work! What a gift it is to know that the Lord see's our potential and knows that by being apart of this work we can become better. What is even more important than that, is helping to save someone else. This Gospel is about rescuing lost and lonely people. The Atonement's light shines so brightly and brings people back Home. I have felt that in so many different ways and know it is true.
After the Zone Meeting it really hit me how heartbreaking it is that my time is so short! I was having a hard day and then I got home and just broke down. I remembered that Zach, my amazing baby brother sent me a package that day so I opened it... and inside of it were letters to me for each day of the beginning of October! The letters were so sweet and so inspiring.  It was exactly what I needed and felt so much love from not only my family, but from my Heavenly Father as well! I am so grateful to be on a mission and for Zach to be on a mission at the same time as well! The Lord is aware of us....this I know for sure! He shows us that through other people. I hope I, like my brother, can be an answer to someones prayer!
So.... if I haven't mentioned this before, missionary work in large part, is just kinda awkward. This week we were counciled to talk to EVERYONE. So me and Porter are out tracting and we come to a house with teenage boys outside in the driveway. I can't do teenage boys. So we skip it. By the time we got to the door of the next house we both felt like we needed to go back, so we did, and luckily the car with the boys had left, but we knew there were people still inside. So we turn around and start walking towards the house, we are halfway up the driveway when the car full of the teenage boys come back! They were starring at us before hand... and probably wondered why we skipped their house, and then were most likely like, "why did they come back?" anyway, I then awkwardly talked to them, but none of them lived there... so we walked up to the door and another teenage boy comes walking out and just completely ingores us! Haha! so he gets in the car and they drive away... AWKWARD! but we decide to knock on the door of the house anyway, turns out it's a good thing we did because behind the door was a new investigator!!! she is way interested in learning more and is excited to meet with us! three cheers for strange situations, like such!
We were able to teach Ekta this week! She is doing so well. She had studied beforehand a chapter form the Book of Mormon about the Holy Ghost, and then we taught her more about it. She asked us how she can receive the Holy Ghost and we were so excited to be able to explain it to her! It's not everyday you get that question! She is still working towards baptism, but said she wants to know even more that this is right. We showed her the videos patters of light, which I highly reccoment to anyone who is looking for how to recieve revelation, and then we read Maroni's promise with her again. Afterwards, she said the sweetest prayer ever and the Spirit was so strong! She is so wonderful and I am learning so much from her!
Fun facts from the week....
- Our weekly service project of Bingo had some drama ... one of the guys thought everyone was cheating and stormed off, someone tried to calm him down and he just yelled, "GO TO HEL*" ... I guess you can't please everyone, haha.
- Costa Vida opened in the South. 2 meals there in the past 3 days. Things are so good for me.
So I'll end with this .... Clarisa, the most amazing girl ever, is still the best! This week we had a lesson with her and we brought up baptism and setting a date. She told us she wants to be baptized sooner than April, and said that she should do it this week! We've started making arrangements, but now she is thinking she needs more time, which is totally understandable!  Last night we asked if we could meet with her and we had the most powerful chat ever! It wasn't powerful because of anything we said, but more the love that was felt... not only between us as missionaries and her as our investigator, but as sisters! And then, of course, the love that our Savior and Heavenly Father have. It was so overwhelming and powerful. I said a prayer, and I can't remember anything that was said .... but I know it was one of the longest prayers of my life, and the Spirit was doing most of the speaking.
We meausre life by nothing but love. We measure success on missions with nothing but love. Love is what matters. I love that I have had 18 months of nothing but love. I love that it is going to be hard to leave this place and this people. I love that I get to share my testimony of the Love God has for each of His children on a daily basis. I love that sometimes things are awkward. I love that I get to see people recieve guidance and light. I love that people are seeking for truth. I love that I need these experiences with these investigators, just as much as they need them. I love that our Savior is there for us. I love that I love my family so much it hurts. I love that I have a family  here in Georiga. I love that success is found daily because of love. As the Beatles say, all you need is LOVE! LOVE is all you need!
I hope each of you know how much I love you and how much you  have helped me while I have been out here! I have felt your love and prayers and support, and for that I am so so so grateful. I encourage you each, this week, to show your love to someone who needs it! Or, find love for a situation in your life that isn't what you would consider ideal. I think if we could all learn to love like our Savior does, than we would be happier and see our lives as a greater success. He see's our success. He loves us. He wants for us to be happy.
I love you all.
Hopefully this made sense. I feel so scattered, but as always.. so grateful and full of joy!
Godbless and Gospeed!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment