Monday, January 20, 2014

The Gospel & Giggling


Hey Peeps, how goes it?
So this is going to be a short letter home... short and sweet about sums up missionary work! To much to do, haha! I feel more spread-thin as Sister Beasley than I ever did as Kate- and that's saying something! I guess that comes with the nametag, right? So this week I hit my half way mark. I might have mentioned this last week.. but it is crazy to think about and it's even crazier to actually be more than halfway! I've been reflecting on what I have learned in the past 9 months... and well, I've learned a lot! I had an interview with my mission president this past week and he asked me what is something I feel like I do well. As I tried to come up with an answer I came to the conclusion that for me, I've figured out how to work hard and have fun while doing it. That is something I want to continue for the next 9 months as well- so, to celebrate the fact that I've made it to 9 months... I'd like to share a classic story. So we are teaching this amazing guy.. and he might be the funniest person I've ever met. He is married to a member and will be baptized in February. So he is totally a jokester... which makes things interesting as a missionary. Last week we taught the Word of Wisdom and after we were done teaching the Bishop started talking about the Priesthood. Well when he mentioned the Aaronic priesthood, Brother Carter said... "Did you just say Moronic? Are you calling me a moron?" It was so funny... and everyone laughed... and then everyone got it together... all except me and Sister Kunz. We couldn't stop laughing. We would try and stop and we had a bad case of the giggles, ya know, the ones you ONLY get when the timing is totally bad and it's completely inappropriate. Luckily, everyone understands those, including Heavenly Father, so it was funny.
Long story short... enjoy life & enjoy the Gospel.
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment