Monday, March 10, 2014

Bon Appétit, Y'all!


Howdy, Y'all!


So in a members home here in Dacula there is a sign that hangs in their kitchen that says "Bon Appetit! , Y'all!" and naturally, I love it! This week I've eaten some good food of course, how can you not? It's the South!! ... but more importantly, I've been SO nourished by the Good Word of God in so many different ways.

So first of all, we went to a recent converts home and we read an amazing thing called "The fellowship of the unashamed." for our spiritual thought for her. As I read it, the Spirit hit me so hard. I am so grateful to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and to wear His name by my heart everyday! We had a good discussion and then she said a prayer before we left and it was the sweetest thing ever! We were all crying as she prayed for us, and even prayed that we would know how much our missions help those around us. Anyway, this is what the fellowship thing says...
"I am apart of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up; or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, gives til l I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear. "

A highlight, not only for my week, but for my mission and..life, was hearing from an Apostle of the Lord! Elder Cook came to talk to our mission, and it was such a blessing! Joining him were 2 members of the Quorum of the 70 and all three of them said exactly what our mission needed!  Elder Parker and Elder Piper talked about hastening the work with members & about inspired teaching. Elder Cook spent a lot of his time talking about just how inspired mission callings are, and how every single missionary that was there (near 500 Atlanta & Atlanta North) was there for a specific reason and the Lord needs us here. He also mentioned just how much faith we need, and how faith really does make miracles happen! It was so powerful. He left a blessing on us, that our families back at home would be taken care of because of our service. It was such a powerful meeting and we closed with singing "I'll go where you want me to go." Guess who had to say the closing prayer.... Yep, your's truly. 

We taught Sonya and she is doing so well! She has been going through a hard time and so we asked her if she would like a blessing. A member from the Bishopric joined us at her house and he and his family are just the greatest people ever! Well he sat down and talked to her for a while, and then explained that he had come to give her a blessing and what that meant. The blessing was as if Heavenly Father was talking.... it was SO inspired. That was the first time Brother Murphy had even met her, and yet the Spirit helped him to know EXACTLY what to say. Afterward, she started to cry and said that she felt like he had read her brain, she also said "I wanted to put in few requests... but you got to them all." It was one of the sweetest moments thus far!

I have just felt so full this whole week. Full of love, full of spring, full of testimony, full of the Spirit, full of light. I have found that we are able to literally receive nourishment and strength from the many ways God speaks to us. Whether that is from a quote, a prayer, an Apostle, a blessing, a hymn or even another person! So, like the quote goes, "Bon Appetit, Y'all!" As we all know, there aren't that many people here in the south that speak french, but I know enough to understand that basically means... "everyone enjoy the meal".... I hope each of us are enjoying and savoring the words the Lord shares with us! 



Heavenly Father loves you! Christ loves you! I love you!
Have a blessed week!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment