Monday, March 17, 2014

Where's Your Green?


Hi. So here's my week in a nutshell-

Monday.... TGIM ---- Thank Goodness It's Monday. Yes this will probably be the only time in my life I will be grateful for a Monday, but honestly P-days are the best... even if it means that you just email your friends and family as well as meander through Kohls. 

Tuesday.... Getting the members involved! I love nothing more than visiting members and talking to them about missionary stuff. This ward is one of the best places ever for missionary work and I am so grateful for people who are willing to help us, afterall, without them we can't do it! I don't know if you noticed, but lately the "brethren" have really been pushing for members and missionaries to come together. If you are overwhelmed by this notion, "take it easy!!!" ... We just want to be in your homes, we just want to serve your friends, and of course, we just want to baptize all your neighbors! Just kidding. (but seriously) ... I really do know that together we can accomplish great work! I am so grateful for all the members in Dacula

Wednesday.... Nothing beats a lesson with a strung out drug addict who tried to explain to us the Spirit World.. but then when we told her that actually exists she argues in Spanish. Oh the life as a sister missionary... but, on the flip side, we did have another really great lesson with a lady we've been working with named Sonya and she is so amazing- she is giving up coffee this week, so keep her in your prayers!

Thursday.... Zone Conference... with half the mission.. and Elder Kopishka. The man is a power-house. It was a really powerful meeting and you could definitely feel the Spirit. It was neat.

Friday.... Mission Leadership. "The Mission is only as strong as it's leaders." -Elder Kopishka .... from this I learned I need to step it up.

Saturday... Tracting ALL day! We did find people, no one super excited about the Gospel... but kind and loving southerners. Me and Sister Winegar also did service for the family we live with. Who knew cutting branches and raking leaves could be so therapeutic.

Sunday... Sonya came to church! And brought her grandsons! And it was one of the best Sacrament Services I've ever been to.

This wasn't the best week of my life, not going to lie. I have felt discouraged and irritated and had moments where I've just felt done... newsflash, missions are just like life- not everything is always perfect but on the flipside there is always something to be learned. I am learning a lot everyday. I am grateful for everyday. And everyday, there is something wonderful and good.

Today is my 11 month mark and St. Patrick's Day! All is well!!

Love you all!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment