Monday, April 28, 2014

Furious Winds

Hello Hello!

This has been a long week, i'm not even sure why. Maybe it was the sudden heat temperatures and the creepy humidity that is making my hair and skin all sorts of nasty...not to mention the surprise rainstorms that threw us for a loop as well;--- (I swear it made it harder to talk to people and have them be receptive as well) maybe it's the fact that every single day this week seemed longer than the week itself --- at least 3 times a day I would have to tell myself "I can do this... I can make it to the end of the day." Thankfully, it wasn't only me telling myself that.... on more than one occasion I would hear the voice of the Spirit telling me that I was capable of getting through. Yes we taught good lessons, yes we had people come to church, yes this work is amazing and wonderful... but that doesn't mean that it's always easy. I have found myself on my knees more than ever and trusting in the Lord more than ever. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knows how tough it can be and gives us the tools we need to keep going. Prayer is most certainly one of those tools. I have felt the Lord strengthen me and know that He will continue to do so.I think the old saying "when the going get's tough, the tough get going." is my theme for the week. I have wanted to give up and yet, I know that I am tough because I am on the Lords errand and I trust in Him. With an investigator this week we read the account of the Brother of Jared from book of Ether. This passage of scripture has played such a big part of my life in helping me make decisions. In Chapter 6 they talk about how they had prepared everything... they had it all together... food, animals, and themselves... it then says, "when they had done all these things they got aboard of their vessels, or barges, and set forth into the sea, commending themselves unto the Lord their God." What I have learned from this is that I have to do all that I can to prepare.... and then trust that the Lord will get me to where I need to be.... in the next verse it says, "And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind." ---Without those winds... there would have been no way that this company could make it to the promised land, or, where the Lord needed them. I know that this minor wind storm (and humidity...and rain) I've been going through this past week is happening for a reason, the Lord is in charge and in Him I will continue to trust. 

I love you all.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment