Monday, April 14, 2014

Great Gifts

I really need to think of a different way to start off my letters... Hey Y'all is getting a little old, but it's all I've got; so with that said,
Hey Y'all!!

So there is a scripture I love found in the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible... it says, "If ye know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in Heaven give good things to them that ask him?"
This week seemed to be full of gifts! It was my birthday so that's to be expected, but not only cute gifts from my family back at home and ward members here in Dacula, but gifts from my Heavenly Father!
What a week it was... Every week out here is an adventure even if nothing to big or fantastic happens, simply serving the Lord and his children is a pretty amazing experience. I first of all want to say thank you for all the birthday shout-outs and love I felt from everyone! Turning 22 was excellent and I had one of the best days on the mission! I have the greatest companion who had all sorts of surprises for me, a zone who got together to celebrate with me...who sang and made cake(zone meeting, haha), and members who took such good care of me and had all sorts of surprises! It was the best way to bring in my twenty-second year of life!!
I had the privilege of going to the temple this week! It is a very rare occasion that this happens, and it helped me so much to see the eternal perspective of things. I had a wonderful time there and I am so grateful to be able to go into the Lords house and to be there with other missionaries who I love!
We had interviews with our mission president who is the best! He talked to us before and talked a lot about Faith.. and how if we just increase our faith we will be able to accomplish more! It sounds so simple, and yet it is so true! All we need is faith and the Lord can do wonders! Each of us just have to try the experiment talked about in Alma 32....! (Go ahead and read it and apply!)
I went on 2 exchanges this week and saw miracles! The Lord led us to people who need to hear the message of the Gospel and we were able to teach them! I also learned a lot from the wonderful sisters who serve in this zone! I have so many wonderful friends from out here and I am just so grateful for that.
The work here is great! We are back at square one trying to find and get in with people but there is so much potential here in this area! I have faith that something great is just on the Horizon!!

This morning in an email from my Mama, she ended with this...
"Do you sometimes get overwhelmed and then feel like you have no choice but to stand strong and carry on because of the people in your life?  For me, I can stand a little stronger and a little taller because of "all y'all!!"The greatest gift I've been given is people.
First, my Savior Jesus Christ, who indeed lives! And is our Savior and older brother!
My Family, who I can't live without and is my everything!
The people in Georgia, who I love more than I can say!

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for each of you, I am grateful for my Heavenly Father who has blessed me with good people and good experiences.
Here's to another great week ahead!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment