Monday, June 2, 2014

Come To Jesus

Hey Y'all

June already? What the heck.... slash.... NICE!  They say time flies when you're having fun and working hard. I think I'm doing both. 

What a week! So first and foremost, I've got to just say how much I love this mission, the people in it, and our President and his Wife that preside over us. We had a big zone conference this past week and it was the best one I've been to yet! I went in with the question "How can I stay more focused on the work?" and the Spirit spoke to me the entire time! As a mission we are doing a month of consecration and focusing as a mission on being more exactly obedient. I think it's safe to say that miracles are going to come from it! It was bitter-sweet in many ways as well at this conference because it was President and Sister Wolferts last one! They go home July 1, and so it was emotional and yet happy. They have done so much for the GANM and personally have blessed my life in so many ways and taught me things I needed! I will be grateful for them in my life forever. It was also so fun to see my mission friends! There are people I've met out here that will be apart of my life forever! It is so fun to be reunited with them and hear of their stories and see the growth in each of them. There is nothing like a whole army of soldiers standing shoulder to shoulder, fighting for the same cause!
So at this meeting we have to have our cars inspected for cleanliness, this is something me and Sister Winegar are NOT good at! Surprised?!?... You know me, I've always been a disaster, so the day before we did a quick clean which we knew we at least pass. Well by some small miracle we were the cleanest car in our zone and won 50 extra miles, which is like Gold for missionaries! Miracles happen, or so it seems!

So I never really have to report on anything that goes on with my "sister training leader" stuff.. but this week I do! There has been some serious problems with a set of sisters in our zone and it's been tough. As me and Sister Winegar prepared to go on exchange with them we kneeled together in prayer and asked Heavenly Father to bless us with some guidance! Like seriously, me and Winegar are pretty chill people, so when it comes to stuff like this we were grateful that the Lord helps us because as it turns out neither of us have been Moms or know how to help people with problems like this! After our exchange with the sisters we had a "Come to Jesus Meeting" and I think that all together we will all feel the Spirit more.
While on exchange we met a new investigator named Bruno. No, not Burno Mars.. but close. He is so prepared by the Lord to receive the Gospel. He already has a strong relationship with God but has always felt like there is more out there. It was such a blessing to be able to hand him the Book of Mormon and let him know that his search was over! He is excited to read it and we are excited to see the Gospel change his life! That is what the Gospel does after all, literally changes us! It gives us a fresh view of our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, ourselves, others, and of the world!

The highlight of my week was being able to see two of my favorite families in the entire world! The Dustins and the Kings came down and took me and my companion to dinner! We laughed so hard and just had a fantastic, chaotic time visiting! Even though it has been months since I've served in their ward it was like nothing had changed! That's when you know people are family! 

I can't believe it but I am missing a big birthday for my sweet Mother and it's this week on Wednesday! I love her so much and I am so grateful for all she has done for me! There is no one that I miss more, and no one who has influenced and shaped my life more than her! I am so blessed to have her in my life, and so grateful to have her life to guide mine! I love you Mama!

I'll end this by saying that I am grateful for my testimony. I am grateful to know God lives and is our Father. I am grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Atonement and for the power and peace it brings into lives, especially my own. I am grateful for the Restored Gospel on the Earth today. I am grateful for living prophets who lead and guide us. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, which truly does as it says, testifies of Christ. I am grateful for the Priesthood. I am grateful for eternal families. I am grateful for covenants. I am grateful for this time to serve as a full time missionary for so many reasons, but mainly because not only does my gratitude... but my knowledge of each of these things increases daily!

I love you all. Live the Gospel, don't just believe it! There is so much in store for those who embrace it full-force! Needing to re-focus your life on what matters? Have a "Come to Jesus Meeting" They do a soul well. 
Have a great week!
Godbless and Godspeed!
-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment