Monday, June 16, 2014

For Every Action There Is An Opposite Reaction

Family and Friends,

I first and foremost want to tell you how much I love each and every single one of you. I could feel prayers being sent my way this past week.. and I just need you all to know that I am praying for you as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord works. Last week was one of the hardest weeks of the mission... and this was one of the best. When trials and challenges come our way there is always something just ahead. I know Florence & the Machine isn't exactly church approved, but I can't help but to have the song "Shake It Off" going through my head, well that and "How Firm A Foundation."  It's always darkest before dawn / Fear not I am with thee, oh be not dismayed. It could be good, right?

I want to take a minute and say how grateful I am for my companion. Sister Winegar has been my best friend and the most amazing companion through some of the best and most challenging times of my mission. You can't do the work alone, you need the holy ghost, and you need a good friend there, I am so blessed to have that here with "muh gurrl"!!

So here is what a week of miracles looks like-

We get to go to the Mall of Georgia and it was all I thought it would be! Not only did we get to shop at the biggest mall in the south-eastern united states, but we also ran into some of our best friends! My trainer and her companion who are serving in that area just so happened to be at the mall as well, and it was such a tender mercy to spend the afternoon with another one of my best friends. Monday evening we were so busy we did splits. Need I remind you things have felt so dead here for the past transfer? I repeat... so busy we did splits. I spent the evening at a recent convert that I love so greatly and had an amazing discussion about the gospel. I was worried about  Tuesday because I knew my sweet Granpa's funeral was going on thousands of miles away. I did my best to stay focused on the work and have faith that the Spirit would lead us to someone that needs the restored Gospel. That afternoon we found 2 new investigators. Both of which are solid and now progressing. I know without a doubt that I have help from the other side of the veil pushing me and strengthening me. We had Zone Meeting. Lilburn Zone is solid. I am grateful to be a leader here and sad that it is coming to a close. I serve in this stake with some of my best friends and they have changed my life. I stand shoulder to shoulder with some of the best men and women in the world. The week continued on and we found more and more people to teach, more people this week than we have in the whole transfer combined. Miracles were promised last week to me, and they came. While on exchange I had the most amazing experience teaching the restoration, it was like any lesson, but the Spirit at the end was amazing. The man said the prayer and in the middle of the prayer had a really silent pause and said he felt the spirit stronger than he ever has. This week we got in with my favorite part member family and had an amazing gospel talk... and also laughed and had a great time... see, it is possible to have spiritual experiences and a good time all in one.
This was just a powerful week, I felt so close to the Spirit the whole time.

A few weeks ago I was given an assignment to talk in Sacrament Meeting. I would read over the talk each day in Personal Study, and after having such a roller-coaster of emotions I knew that I needed to be reminded of all the things I had been asked to speak on. It was on the talk from Conference, "Fear Not I am with Thee"... And I highly reccomend that everyone reads it. I was able to reflect on the love of my family, the love of God, the love of Christ, the joy that comes from having the Gospel, the peace that comes from trusting and believing in the Lord, and how all that Heavenly Father wants is to see us safely home. It was a great reminder of everything the Lord needed me to hear.

I am so grateful for so many blessings that completely make up my life. I have nothing but goodness and things to be grateful for. I love this mission. It is teaching me things that I know I could not learn anywhere else. 

I love you each. Don't let a second pass you by without remembering that the Lord is right there with you. He wants you to be happy, He wants you to succeed, He is doing all that He can to bless and help you. As a representaive of Jesus Christ I testify that this is true with my whole heart.
My heart is changing everyday. It is growing closer to my Savior. I am grateful for that.
My prayers are with you.

-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment