Monday, July 28, 2014

He Is In Everything, He Is Everything!

Hey Y'all

So last week was a party, this week was rough around the edges. The highs and lows of missions are insane, but I am grateful for it at the same time because I am learning a heck-of-a-lot more than I could have ever imagined! The past seven days were full of a lot of unsuccessful tracting, slammed doors, humidity, appointments falling through, and people being rude. It is in times like this that I feel closest to our Savior. His mission was far harder than anything I could even attempt to comprehend, let alone experience, so just about the time I am feeling like I can't knock another door or take one more person telling me my beliefs are wrong.. I think of Him and my load is less. I know he is carrying me. He is with me when I am happy.. and sad and excited and discouraged. His light is with the people who are nice and rude.. who are funny and not impressed. His Spirit is felt when we tract, as we drive, when we testify, and as we simply talk to people He is in everything. He is everything!

 So missionary work is intense, there are a lot of crazy and wonderful things that fill the pages of my journal each day but something that will stick with me for the rest of my life are the simple, good moments. Last Monday we were "coming down off of P-day" and we visited two of the sweetest ladies I have ever met, Pam and Wanda, a mother and daughter that live together here in Cumming. It was nearing the time to get going and I said to Sister Summerhays we should probably share a thought and then head out. The older lady of the two, Wanda, looked at me and said "Whats the rush? I think you can stay a little longer. We sure love your visits." My heart melted. When we go to this home time literally slows down. I love that. Like I said, missions are intense, which means "time is of the essence" and we are constantly going. That's how it should be, I know. But at the same time I love moments when time stops and when you are allowed to just love people, get to know them a little more, hug longer, and be grateful for the Spirit that is felt. It reminded me of the Savior in 3 Nephi when he stays with the people longer. I am grateful that the Savior doesn't leave any of us alone, ever.

There was a really good talk yesterday in Sacrament about Conversion and it is something I've been pondering on for the past 24 hours. I'd like to tie this all into a theme. Conversion comes through trials and tests. Conversion comes through Spiritual moments and a genuine love for people. Conversions comes when we grow closer to the Lord. No matter what things get thrown out here at me, I know that at the end of the day I am closer to Him, and if that is all that happens, then the day was worth it. Serving a mission is always worth it because at the end of each day I have done my best to help people in their conversion, and I myself am more converted.

I love all y'all!
Have a great week!

-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment