Monday, August 4, 2014

Thank Goodness I'm Mormon


Hey Y'all!
Quick update… transfers are this week and I am staying here in Pilgrim Mill with Sister Summerhays! Life is so splendid and we are both pumped…

So I love serving this mission because there are a million moments that I just love… and I’d like to take note of a few of the many things I love out here.

-          I love that I get to see missionaries finish strong! My trainer goes home in three days and last weeks I spent some quality time with her on P-day.  She’s done what she was called here to do and I can’t wait to see what is next for her in life!

-          I love that I have more love and support from home than I know what to do with. I love my family more than I can express. Every moment out here, they are here with me. 

-          I love that you can lose yourself in this work and love it with every inch of you, and still have a genuine attitude about it and realize that sometimes it’s, well, the pits.

-          I love that I know every hymn and every rendition of that hymn because we are only allowed to listen to songs about Christ. Yet I love when you hear a favorite song while out and about and get to jam to it for a second. I promise I can tie the song "Viva la Vida" into the Gospel. Thank you Coldplay.

-       I love when the nasty humid southern weather turns into a cool evening and it feels like you are back in Utah on a walk. I also love when you feel prompted to be somewhere and run into a family that you are teaching just out and about in their neighborhood

-          I love that I have never felt more guided by the Spirit in my life.

-          I love talking about deep doctrines. 

-          I love talking about the simple basics.

-          I love when you go to Red Robin as a group of Sisters after District Meeting and expect to order a salad and then find out they have Gluten Free buns. I always knew I loved that place. YUM!

-          I love that for the first time in a long time I have been a little homesick. One night I couldn’t even go to sleep!!!  It’s good to know I love my family, friends, and life back at home so much it hurts!

-          I love teaching in Spirit filled homes. It is such a blessing to have so many wonderful families here who open their homes to us! Nothing beats the feeling of walking into a home and feeling the Spirit after a long day of tracting.

-          I love that I get to teach on front porches.

-          I love that I am learning to teach not only spiritually, but logically. I can officially say that the Gospel doesn’t just feel right, it makes sense!

-          I love that I have learned to like Dogs. If you are in Georgia.. you just have to get used to them. EVERYONE has one! Heck, at this point I might even want one! This week I learned I loved pit bulls. 

-          I love that I have the opportunity to get to know people. I love when they show us their lives. This week we got to stroll through a Japanese Garden. That was nice!

-          I love Spirit filled lessons. This week we taught Ekta, as we showed her around the church we ended in the Chapel and talked about Christ, His love for her, and the trials we each go through in life. I could feel my love for her, but then I could literally feel the Love our Savior and Heavenly Father have for her as she poured her soul to us. I will never forget the prayer that was said as we knelt together.

-          I love strong investigators who are handed opposition time and time again, and yet know what they are doing and what they are learning about is right.

-          I love that people let us in! It is a miracle that we can pray, pick a street, tract it, and find someone who is ready to hear the Gospel!

-          I love when families from past areas come and take me to lunch. I love that there are people out here who will be a part of my life forever.

-          I love that I have sisters and elders out here who are family to me. I am standing shoulder to shoulder with the finest people I have ever met! I heard testimonies from 3 missionaries yesterday and they are each so strong.

-          I love that you meet characters while going door to door…. And by characters, I mean drunks. It always makes for an interesting contact.

-          I love seeing baptisms. This week we went to a convert baptism and an 8 year old ward baptism….. you just can’t deny the Spirit felt there!

-          I love that we are close to Lake Lanier … this area is SO pretty!

-          I love that I love where I am at and who I am with! Pilgrim Mill is SO fantastic and Sister Summerhays is my best friend. Things are good.

-          I love that there are a million churches here. On Sunday we went to one of them, a big “super church” called Browns Bridge. It was interesting… after it was over and we were back in our car I looked at the other sisters I was with and said“TGIM”.. Thank goodness I’m Mormon.

That leads me to this conclusion, honestly, thank goodness I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Thank goodness I have seen the blessings that come from having a testimony. Thank goodness I am on a mission and have the sweetest and most humbling experience of sharing the most precious thing in the world to me. I love the Gospel, in every aspect. Sharing it, as you can see, has increased my love for just about everything in my life.

I love each of you so much it hurts! Thank you for your prayers and support.

-Sister Beasley

No comments:

Post a Comment